Rising Talent is an ambitious fellowship programme that aims to recruit high-performing, globally competitive post-doctoral researchers seeking to develop their academic careers.
These prestigious appointments, at Assistant Professor grade, are an important component in DCU’s investment in research excellence and are designed to recruit and support our future research leaders. While successful candidates will have the opportunity to build their academic career by developing their teaching skills, the primary focus of the Rising Talent Programme is on excellence in research and on advancing the university’s research profile.
This programme is designed to:
- Build excellence in key areas of research strength
- Attract and develop talented staff who will further the University’s research ambitions
- Enhance collaboration with leading national and international research partners
- Increase the university’s research competitiveness and reputation at both a national and international level
We seek researchers across a breadth of domains. Six priority research themes reflect the core research strengths and concentrations of expertise in the University:
- Health technologies and the healthy society
- Digital innovation and the digital society
- Advanced manufacturing and materials
- Sustainable economies and societies
- Democratic and secure societies
- Educational research and innovation.