- The HSTM Network Ireland seeks clear and accessible contributions, accessible for both academic and public audiences.
- Simple phrasing is preferred.
- Please use UK English spelling (including -ise/-ising rather than -ize/-izing).
- Article contributions should be c.1500-2000 words. Book reviews should be c.700-900 words.
- Please provide two or three images in jpeg format including description of images and source of images. Original images not easily found on google are preferred, where possible.
- Submissions will be internally reviewed by the editorial team.
Contributions would not be referenced as extensively as academic journal articles, but please provide a ‘further reading’ section. However, it may be necessary to provide a footnotes when providing a long quote. Please consult the following examples of house style:
A.G. Malcolm, The Sanitary State of Belfast with Suggestions for its Improvements (Belfast: Henry Greer, 1852), p. 14.
‘Editorial’, Belfast Newsletter (10 April 1865).
Lesley E.E. Donaldson, ‘‘A Street of Butchers’: An Economic and Social Profile of Hercules Place and Hercules Street, Belfast 1860-90’, Irish Economic and Social History, 44:1 (2017).
Edited Volume Contributions
Allan M. Brandt and Martha Gardner, M., ‘The Golden Age of Medicine?’, in Roger Cooter and John Pickstone (eds), Medicine in the Twentieth Century (London: Routledge, 2000).
‘Belfast Health Commission: Report to the Local Government Board for Ireland’, House of Commons, Reports of Commissioners, 1908, Cd. 4128. Vol. xxxi.699, p. 96.
© Copyright of articles remains with the authors. Authors can be contacted directly for reproduction of published material. Authors may wish to create a Creative Commons Copyright https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/. Authors are responsible for obtaining permission for image reproduction.